E. coli

In 2000, Walkerton’s poisoned water ruined his life. He decided it was time to end it

In 2000, Walkerton’s poisoned water ruined his life. He decided it was time to end it

His legs had wasted away. Numbness in his fingers made it impossible for him to write or button a shirt; he opened bottles of painkillers with his mouth. He was losing sight in his right eye; the hearing in one ear was already gone. He’d leave his home only every two weeks, strapped on a gurney to be transported to the Queensway Health Centre for an intravenous immunoglobulin treatment. He went for the last time in late April.