Lesson 1: Pictures of Pollution Questions for Presentation
Slide 2: What is wrong with the water?
- It is the colour of the rocks and the cement
- It comes from somewhere and will flow into a river or another source of water
Slide 3: What do you see that is polluting the water in this picture?
- Car oil
- Car tires
Slide 4: Here is a photo of a mine. What can pollute the water here?
- Chemicals in the rocks (that can leak into the water)
- Residue from machines
- Residue from mine activities (for example, explosions)
- Leakage from the area
What do you notice about the colour of the water?
- Multicoloured (orange, green, yellow, brown)
Slide 5: There are two types of pollution in this photo, what are they?
- Water pollution and air pollution
Make a list of things you may be able to find in the water
- Dead animals and fish
- Sewer water
Slide 6: This is a photo of rain water flowing from the drain. If rain water is clear, why is this water gray?
- Water collects garbage when it flows in the streets
Slide 7: Water in the sink is "CLEAN" drinking water for a city.
What is wrong wit this water? Would you drink this water?
Slide 8: What can be the cause of pollution in this source of water? It's a lake.
- Oil and gas from boats
- Sewer water
Slide 9: Is the water in this photo clean? Would you drink it directly from the source of water? Is it possible that the water is polluted?