COST OF WATER INFORMATION FOR LESSON 8 OF OPERATION WATER POLLUTION
In order to determine the cost of water we have to do a little math first.
1. As a class, calculate the number of bottles seen
2. Assume that each bottle was 1 litre and complete the following calculation
Total number of bottles x 1 litre/bottle = Total number of litres
3. Calculate the total cost of the bottled water assuming that the bottled water cost $1/litre.
Total number of litres x $1/litre = Total amount in dollars
4. Calculate the total cost of the water if it had been tap water assuming that the tap water costs 0.0020 dollars/litre.
Total number of litres x 0.0020 dollars/litre = Total amount in dollars
5. Compare the cost of bottled water and tap water in a short paragraph.